Frequently asked questions

Before you set off

Does Dollar accept an International Drivers Permit?

International customers visiting Canada or the USA must present a valid license from their country of residence. An International Driving Permit (IDP) is recommended for a driver’s license that is in a language other than English for U.S. rentals,  or other than English and French for Canadian rentals. Renters with drivers licenses outside of Canada and the USA must provide a valid passport. Learner permits or photocopies of driver’s licenses are not accepted.

For Canadian residents renting internationally an IDP is recommended.