Frequently asked questions

Before you set off

Are there Driving Restrictions?

Vehicles are not permitted to travel into Alaska, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut or Mexico. For rentals originating in Canada, vehicles may usually be driven in any bordering province or state. Advise the counter agent upon arrival if you plan to cross the border. Travel is not permitted by rail. Rental vehicles are permitted on Ferries that carry vehicular traffic.

When renting in Canada and driving into the U.S., you will need a copy of your rental agreement and should notify the border guard at the time of entry that you are operating a rental vehicle.